A NO COST Train-the-Trainer Workshop
Louisiana Jump$tart Coalition and the FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation)
Money Smart, a Financial Education Program
||Tuesday, June 24th, 2014
||10:00 am - 2:00 pm
||Louisiana Bankers Association (training room in rear of building)
5555 Bankers Avenue
Baton Rouge LA
This Train-the-Trainer workshop will provide practical experience in training delivery, coaching, assessing, and giving/receiving feedback through the use of presentations, demonstrations, and exercises.
During the class, participants are provided:
- A detailed overview of the curriculum modules and how they can be adapted to specific needs.
- Successful strategies for delivering the Money Smart curriculum; with some workshops providing the option for participants to deliver part of the presentation
- Strategies for teaching financial education in a classroom environment.
- Tips for linking financial education to economic inclusion and other financial access efforts.
- An opportunity to ask questions and for participants to share presentation strategies and techniques with one another.
The Money Smart for Adults instructor-led curriculum consists of eleven training modules that cover basic financial topics.
The 11 Money Smart Training Modules
Each of the 11 modules is structured in an identical manner and includes:
- A comprehensive, fully scripted guide for instructors. The guide includes everything necessary to start teaching the program, including easy to follow cues, script, and interactive class exercises.
- Overhead slides in PowerPoint and PDF format.
- A take-home guide for participants that includes tools and information that participants can use independently after completing a module.
- If taught in their entirety, each module takes between 1-2 hours of classroom time to teach. A layering matrix table appears in the instructor guide for each module to provide a break-down of topics, subtopics, target audience, and activities for the module.
- The instructor-led version of Money Smart is available in English, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Hindi, Hmong, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese. A version for the visually impaired is also available.
Add financial education to your employee benefits package today. It’s easy!
Register for our NO COST "Train the Trainer" class on the Money Smart program.
(limited # of seats)
Empower your employees to be smarter with their finances.