Home » State Activities » State Coalitions » Illinois » Get Involved
WHO SHOULD JOIN ILLINOIS JUMP$TART?
Everyone who is an advocate of financial education!
- Educators and school administrators
- Curriculum developers
- Representatives of education-related non-profit organizations
- Banking and financial services professionals
- Public sector professionals
- Legislators who believe in the value of financial education
- Private citizens who believe that all Illinois youth deserve effective financial education
JOIN ILLINOIS JUMP$TART TODAY
To learn more about the benefits of getting involved with Illinois Jump$tart, please visit:
ILLINOIS JUMP$TART GOALS
- Raise awareness of the importance of financial capability
- Energize new literacy advocates and encourage direct local action to improve financial education.
- Support individuals, organizations and initiatives that advance youth financial education.
- Be a trusted resource for financial education information in Illinois
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE LOCALLY?
Organizations and individuals can have a great impact at the local
level. Here are just a few ways that you can make a difference:
- Financial Institutions: Volunteer to work with a local
school, library or youth center to provide presentations or
- Educators: Incorporate personal finance within your
curriculum. Personal finance has been taught successfully to students
of all ages and within many core and elective subjects. For more
resources, go to Clearinghouse and search according to your grade level and subject matter.
- Policy Makers: Consider ways to incorporate personal
finance education into school curricula and teacher
professional development programs. Remember, too, that you need not
reinvent the wheel. The National Jump$tart Coalition can help you
- Parents: Begin teaching your child about personal finance
at a young age and continue to reinforce these skills. See the Links
section or visit the Clearinghouse for more ideas on teaching your child about personal finance matters.
JOIN US ONLINE