April is Financial Education Month in Pennsylvania and National Financial Literacy Month!
How can you get involved?
- Help focus media and public attention on:
- the need for financial education
- efforts taking place to improve financial education
- the status of financial education in Pennsylvania schools (report available here)
- recommendations of the Pennsylvania Task Force on Economic Education and Personal Financial Literacy Education (report available here)
- Tie your April financial education events to Financial Education Month (boilerplate press release available here)
- Write a letter to the editor or meet with your local editorial board
- Reach out to leaders in your local school district to discuss what they are doing to provide a sound financial education to every child
- Promote Financial Education Month with links from your Facebook page or on Twitter (suggestions from the National Jump$tart Coalition here)
- Send us information about your activities, photos of your events, and news on financial education for inclusion on our website
- Participate or attend the Pennsylvania Jump$tart Coalition's Financial Education Expo and Press Conference at the Capitol Rotunda on April 9th (more information here)
- Teach a financial lesson to your children (ideas and resources here)
For more information on National Financial Literacy Month, click here.
Proclamations and Resolutions
- President Obama's proclamation of April as National Financial Capability Month can be found here.
- The Pennsylvania Senate's resolution of April as Financial Literacy Month can be found here.
- The Pennsylvania House's resolution of April as Financial Literacy Month can be found here.
- Governor Tom Corbett's proclamation of April as Financial Education Month can be found here.